It's Nemesis Day, and I know that not only because I can read a calendar, but because the excellent mood I was in completely vanished late last night for no obvious reason.
Today at work, I kept reading updates about this horrific triple homicide a couple hours north of here. Turns out, one of the victims was my derby wife's cousin. I would comment on what a strangely small world it is, except my mind was blown many years ago when we found out my ex-fiance ate lunch with the serial killer who murdered my brother-in-law's cousin. It is a small, and often brutal, world.
Before my derby wife discovered this news, we had dinner with two other derby friends. I'm not sure how it came up, but there was talk of bigamy. Cruella said to me, "You'd be an excellent sister wife, Graceless. You could make the schedule!" That may go down in history as one of the oddest compliments I've ever received.
And, keeping with the odd theme, a friend just posted this as his Facebook status: "Did I really just sing 'Let's Get it On' in public? Yes. Yes, I did."
A bizarre, brutal, and incredibly small world indeed.
Sending lots of love to dear friends who lost loved ones this week....
Glad I could...uh...contribute to the...oddness?
ReplyDeleteWhoa, you totally just blew my assumption that no one reads this (especially since I didn't even post a link to this particular posting). I actually liked your status update, just thought it was a peculiar juxtaposition to have yours a few lines away from Rehab's update about her cousin.
ReplyDelete