Friday, July 19, 2013

"Grief doesn't change you, Hazel. It reveals you."

- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

As promised a couple of posts ago, below is a video that chronicles all of the misadventures.



I like the shorter video, but I felt like I needed to do something a bit more comprehensive.

I think it's going to take a while to process the last few days. For now, I'm taking the dolphins we saw swimming nearby before and after we scattered Mom's ashes as a sign that it was the right time and place. Still, I was surprised by how emotional I got when I came home today and realized I have this empty box and I don't know what to do with it....

All I know for sure right now is that I'm okay, and the Misadventures with Box o'Ma are a big part of why I feel that way.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you mother enjoyed the tribute. It captured her spirit of adventure, and I think you gained a lot along the way. It's the journey not the destination that makes a life.

    ReplyDelete