Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Postal Ninjery Project

It suddenly hit me the other day as I was collecting the junk mail out of my mailbox that it's been a little while since I had something fun arrive in the mail. And then I realized that I also need a new project, now that my red notebook has found its way home and my Misadventures with Box o'Ma are over.

I love sending and receiving stuff in the mail. (I finally read my first Chuck Palahniuk book mostly because I found out that he's kind of famous for mailing people packages.)

Because I can't seem to do something without giving it an epic name (Operation Mailing Chocolate, Operation Flowers, the Red Notebook Conspiracy, the Misadventures with Box o'Ma....), I decided to call this the Postal Ninjery Project. (This name came from a recent conversation about the tiny plastic ninjas I've given a bunch of people and Anne Persand noting that she received hers via "postal ninjery.")

Tonight, I reffed a bout in Rockport. I grabbed the Mad Libs out of the ref appreciation basket, because those are totally going to get mailed to someone (because my friend Kim mailed me a sheet of Mad Libs a while ago and it delighted me to get them randomly tucked into a card). I stopped at the grocery store on my way home. And guess who had a bunch of quarters on her from doing laundry this morning? So many more things to get mailed to people! (Seriously, it was hard to carry all the little bubbles from the gumball machines.)

The rules I made for this game are simple: For every package I receive in the mail, I will mail one back to the sender and one to someone from my list of people who said they want to play.

(Kara mentioned a new sock swap, so that may be the next thing I take on when this project comes to its natural conclusion.)

It's so nice to have a new project to look forward to, to feel energized and excited about doing something fun with the awesome people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment