Monday, January 26, 2015

Nostalgia, Part 2: Go Your Own Way

Kind of randomly, I added the Fleetwood Mac song "Go Your Own Way" to a mix CD I made over the weekend.

I was listening to the mix in the car last night and this morning. Each time "Go Your Own Way" came on, I had the same flush of happiness that I have experienced every single time I have heard that song since I was a little, tiny kid.

I was maybe three or four. We were in my mom's old Vega at the A&P at Scot's Corners. This song came on. She said, "Do you want to go fast?"

I said yes.

And then she drove fast (or, what seemed like really fast to a toddler) behind the back side of the strip mall.

Every time I hear this song, I think of that. I think of freedom and breaking rules and having fun. It makes me feel happy and truly alive.

(This is all really ironic, considering the subject matter and lyrics of the song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment