My 36th year was much more complicated (because I was still newly grieving my grandma when my dad died), but I still did a lot of fun and awesome things that I never collected in a list. I'm a little more than halfway through my 37th year now, so I feel like I should go back and make the list for the 36th:
- I celebrated my actual birthday in New York City with my sisters, brother-in-law, and friend Daniel
- I got to finally go to Strand Bookstore and eat at Veselka and had a great mini cake from Black Hound Bakery just before they closed their shop
- Reffed my 100th game on skates (and was presented with an amazing cake made by my friend You++)
- Saw bands I love (Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox)
- Had lovely visits with good friends, including old friends I haven't seen in much too long
- Explored some roadside attractions
- Completed the Urban Raid, Color Me Rad, Beach Raid, and Insane Inflatables 5Ks
- Drove hours to meet a couple of friends at the geographical midpoint between our residences and played a bunch of ski ball (and discovered I am not as good as I used to be)
- Spent hours watching movies of video games on YouTube...and actually enjoyed them tremendously
- Finally went to Acadia National Park
- Discovered the fancy new recliners at the local movie theater with my sisters
- Took my sisters to Moody's Diner
- Got to visit a real live topiary (even if it was starting to die a bit)
- Saw SO MANY PUMPKINS
- Got to dance to What Cheer? Brigade on Peaks Island again
- Climbed around at Monkey C Monkey Do again (let's forget the part where I fell off the element and dangled by my safety line, shall we?)
- WENT TO ICELAND!!!!!
- Saw so many bands in Iceland
- Got paid to write creative stuff for the first time ever (even if it was just a small amount of contract work)
- Got the award for Most Valuable Official - Ref at the MRD Christmas party
- Visited the prison showroom, which is an adventure all on its own
- Painted a picture I really like (and had fun doing it)
- Participated in a live sing-along show of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was just as amazing as it sounds (and worth driving in a blizzard to get there)
- Officiated a lot of derby (on and off skates)
- Wrote a bit and even started querying agents
- Started a really, truly healthy meal and fitness program (which led to me losing about 20 pounds, getting in the best shape of my life, and receiving the best lab report I've ever had on my bloodwork)
- Mailed (and received) so many strange and whimsical things as part of my postal ninjery campaign
I'm a little more than halfway to 37 and while the last six months haven't been without their challenges (and heartbreaks), there have also been lots of incredible adventures. Looking forward to rounding out the list and posting it at the end of the year.
(And thank goodness for my color-coded Google calendar with nearly EVERYTHING in it...).
No comments:
Post a Comment