Friday, November 8, 2013

Daring Greatly

Coincidences always make me feel like the universe is trying to tell me something. (In fact, the universe probably doesn't care. But, whatever. I believe in a certain amount of magic.)

Today, several people I know (some overlap, some don't) posted links on Facebook to different videos. There was this one, about gratitude. And this one, about creating positive transformations. And then there was this one by Brene Brown, which led to me rewatching this one and this one. (I also own her book Daring Greatly, a gift from my sister last Christmas. I still haven't finished reading it, because I got sidetracked by fiction. Reading nonfiction is much harder for me to accomplish. My mind wanders.)

If you read through the things I've posted here over the last several years, you'll see that the things that resonate most with me, the things that have made me happiest, are the things that lead to connection and joy and taking chances. (You'll see it all over the posts I've written over the course of the last week, too.)

The place where I fall down is the sustainability: How do you do it every day? Stay positive, stay focused on the good, seek out joy, connect to people by sharing your true self? It's not always easy. But, then again, I like a challenge. (I think I've proven that a few times, too.)

Today, I'm grateful for the times I have dared myself to do great things, and for the fact that even when I let myself fall down and forget the tools that have helped me carve out the most happiness in my life, I always seem to find a reminder of where to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment