Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Kitty snuggles

A derby friend is cat-sitting another derby friend's cats this week, and she set up a Facebook page to allay any pet anxiety. It's hilarious. (In fact, the kitty sitter writes cat voice better than anyone I've seen on the Internet.)

I'm more of a dog person, so I guess it works out well that my cat thinks he's a dog. He likes to play fetch. He likes to lick me. He doesn't typically carry himself in that aloof way that cats do.

For most of his life, Emmett has chosen to spend his nights sleeping on the couch, in the bathroom, or on the porch. He didn't like being on the bed while I slept because I'm an incredibly restless sleeper, and he doesn't like to have to move.

But, in the last few months, he's started to mind less. He curls up with me when I go to bed, and many mornings I wake to find him still in or around the place he was when I fell asleep.

It's an incredible comfort to feel his warm, purring body by my feet or near my head while I'm sleeping. And the last couple of days he's been curling up alongside me. I don't know why he suddenly wants to be near me when I'm sleeping, but I do know it helps with both my insomnia and my restlessness. And it's awfully damn adorable.

I just hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into some crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment