I'm writing this from my couch, in my pajamas.
I'm taking a sick day, because I've been feeling kinda crappy and because I know that a whole damn lot of sleep is usually the best medicine for me when I'm feeling crappy and because I can. Yay for having sick days.
I think the crappiness has something to do with the flu shot I got a couple of days ago. I've never had a reaction from my flu shot before. This year, there's a little bit of a bump at the injection site, and it's sore. (I also had a reaction to the adhesive in the bandage they put on me -- you can STILL see where it was, two days later. Now I have a real REASON to use the kiddie Band-Aids.) This is all on top of the crappiness (runny nose, on and off fever, just feeling...well, crappy).
But you know what? It's STILL better than having the flu. (It's not too late to get your flu shot, people. Even if YOU are not at high risk for complications, you likely come in contact with people who are. Get your flu shot for THEM.)
As for me, I'm going to continue to rest as much as I can so that I can heal that much faster. This is a lesson it's taken me years to learn (and I'm still not great at following through on it -- like, right now, I'm still debating whether or not I'm feeling okay enough to go to my second-to-last Power Hour class of the session. I know I should stay home and rest, but I really, really want to go....).
There are lots of people who have jobs that don't give them sick days. There are lots of people who use up all their sick time way too fast when they or people they love are sick (at least once a month, I get an email from HR about someone who's taking a "catastrophic leave" because they are out of sick time and need to be out even longer). So, today, I'm grateful for having the time to take to rest, regroup, and get myself back on my feet all the sooner.
No comments:
Post a Comment